I occasionally have days when I’m feeling quite domesticated and the idea of hand making perogies or cabbage rolls crosses my mind. Then I remember that fact that I don’t have six hours of extra time just kicking around and I’m not a Polish Iron Chef, so I browse for the next recipe. But once I realized that if I simply deconstructed (aka…. lazy man cooking) the cabbage rolls, I could make them in a fraction of the time, without skimping on any of the flavor. So here you are…. quick any easy unstuffed cabbage rolls. I served mine over rice but you can easily mix it right in with the recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook and stir beef with onion and garlic until no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 30 minutes.
*Top with sour cream and a pinch of dill*
Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education. ~ Mark Twain