Ohhh sweet sweet summertime. I just got back from a wedding this weekend that was absolutely beautiful. It was held on a large farm acreage surrounded by wheat fields and blue skies. We all enjoyed outdoor ladder ball and bocce ball followed by afternoon appies and finished the night off with an amazing dinner, a barn dance and outdoor campfires. It was the perfect summer wedding. Speaking of weddings though, a couple weeks ago I was asked to make some fun and girlie cupcakes for a bridal shower. The brides only request was for the color pink so I decided to make these delicious strawberry daiquiri cupcakes! The fruity strawberry daiquiri cupcake was the perfect compliment for the tart strawberry lime icing. I’m not sure if this is an oxymoron because it was dessert, but it was a very refreshing cupcake for a hot summer afternoon. So if you feel like treating yourself to a creative summer dessert, try this one out!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry daiquiri mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup diced fresh strawberries
- grated lime zest for garnish
1. Mix together all ingredients (except lime zest). Batter will be thick. Scoop into paper liners filling 3/4 full.
2.Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before icing.
3. I made a simple vanilla icing with a little strawberry daiquiri mix, lime zest and pink food coloring. Garnish with lime zest and fresh strawberries.
A balanced diet is having a cupcake in each hand.