Hey everyone! I had the best weekend last weekend! It was a weekend of firsts. My first girls trip EVER with girlfriends and my first trip away from my little man. After 10 month of being a stay at home mom 24 hours a day I figured that I deserved a one night get-a-way! I had to pre-plan a little bit and pre-pump since I am still breastfeeding but with food in the fridge and bottles in the freezer, I was good to go. My husband is so supportive and extremely involved with parenting so he was as cool as a cucumber with the idea of being a stay at home daddy for two days. (I also loved the idea of him getting a glimpse of what it’s like to be a stay at home parent) It is such a blessing being able to leave my little man at home without any stress or anxiety. I was a free woman!!!
My girlfriend wanted to make sure that I got the most out of my weekend so we booked a hotel smack dab in the middle of downtown Vancouver surrounded by shopping and restaurants. I told her that I didn’t need any extravagant plans to feel relaxed. Heck, just the idea of sitting in a car for four hours with a hot cup of coffee, music and interrupted conversation with an another adult sounded like paradise in itself. So needless to say, after two jam packed days of a baby shower, shopping, walking, sightseeing, coffee shops, ocean side pubs, bistro patios and great laughs I felt like a new woman coming home! And let’s not forget a much needed IKEA run!
I cherish moments spent with my close friends and I also cherish time when I can separate myself from being a mom and wife to just enjoy being me. I work hard to maintain my sense of identity apart from everything and everyone else and it makes me a better friend, mom and wife in return. I had an amazing time and loved all the new memories that came with it. It was a fully loaded weekend. So what better way to celebrate with you than with a recipe that’s also fully loaded. A fully loaded baked potato grilled cheese! Ummmm…. Yes please! You gotta indulge in your comfort food cravings sometimes.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 potatoe
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 stalk of green onions
- 2 pieces of bread
1. Heat coconut oil over medium high heat. Cut your potato into even slices (about 4-5) and add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Fry the potatoes, cooking each side until browned and crispy.
2. In another pan cook your bacon on medium heat to desired tenderness. While it’s cooking, butter the outside pieces of your bread. On the inside, add 1 tablespoon of sour cream and one slice of cheddar cheese. Once your potatoes and bacon are finished frying, dab with paper towel and add on top of sour cream.
3. Garnish with remaining sour cream and sliced green onions. Place your other slice of cheese on top and top with your bread!
4. Grill the sandwich over medium heat until each side is golden brown. Enjoy!!
Potatoes have skin. I have skin. Therefor I am a potatoe ~ Author Unknown