Hey everyone! It is really the last day of November?! Or shall I say Movember. I have seen my fair share of lipholstery and face furniture as I like to call it so I’m more than ready to see all those scraggly 70’s mustaches come off and the Christmas decorations go up (I already decorated last week….shhhh) It also means that it’s less than two weeks until my birthday! Then a hop skip and a jump until Christmas!! December is always such a busy and exciting month for me so I welcome it with open arms.
But since my arms have been busy with my baby over the past two months I have relied on easy and fast dinner ideas. I don’t have the time or creativity in the kitchen after a long day, so this pizza casserole is the perfect solution. Healthy, hearty and quick. So if you’re looking for a new recipe or can’t quite justify devouring a whole medium pizza to yourself, then try this out! I skipped the olives since my hubby isn’t a fan and I froze the rest for another day. Enjoy!
- 1 box spiral pasta
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup pepperoni meat, diced
- 1/2 can of olives
- 1 jar marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown the turkey with the onion, garlic and green bell pepper.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions and add to meat mixture. Stir in pepperoni and olives. Pour in pasta sauce, top with shredded mozzarella and mix well.
Ideas are like pizza dough, made to be tossed around. ~ Anna Quindlen