I find that most mornings I eat a quick and easy breakfast. Partially because I don’t have time to prepare a fancy breakfast before work and partially because i’m usually half asleep. So I rarely enjoy more than cereal and toast. So on the nights where i’m bored of all my recipes (it’s a girl thing…..like when we have a closet full of clothes with nothing to wear) I pick out my favourite breakfast dishes. Last night I had a craving for pancakes so buttermilk pancakes it was. I served it alongside homemade hashbrowns, scrambled eggs and crispy bacon and I was drooling before I took my first bite. I also topped my pancakes with greek yogurt and sliced strawberries. This recipe is easy and mouthwatering. It yields 12 pancakes. But for me….. that serves me and maybe one other person. Enjoy!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat. If you splash a little water across the surface and it beads and sizzles, it’s ready
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until it’s just blended together. Do not over stir! Scoop about 1/2 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides!
The laziest man I ever met put popcorn kernels in his pancakes so they would turn over by themselves – W.C Fields