My mother in law has been offering me more and more tomatoes as her tomatoe bushes are bursting at the branches. Me say no to food?! Not gonna happen. So I accepted the fresh veggies with open arms, I just had to figure out a recipe for them. I also have my herb garden to steal fresh basil from so…. bruschetta it was. What’s not to love about garden ripe tomatoes served on warm bread?! MMMmmmmm. This is an easy and flavor packed dish, perfect as a snack, appetizer or alongside a fresh chicken ceasar salad for dinner. Enjoy!
- 3 cups ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Dice tomatoes. Mix in garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Serve over fresh baguette slices drizzled with olive oil. Broil for 10 minutes in the oven. Enjoy!
Non si vive di solo pane. – Italian proverb.
Translation: One does not live by bread alone.